Published 2007-04-04 @ 15:53
I’m not really good on the sales and marketing side, but a number of people have been bugging me to go public about my availability, so here it is. I’ll be posting this in a more permanent location (linked on the sidebar) once I get it polished up and finalized:
I’m available for consulting on a part-time basis, 10-20 hours a week, at $100 per hour. I’m usually brought in for short-term gigs as a troubleshooter/problem-solver. Probably not worth mentioning, but this page should be proof that I’m better working on backend issues than UI. Email me at: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
What I do:
- Bootstrap new projects.
- Troubleshoot deep/confusing problems so the main developers can focus.
- Identify and fix problems to accelerate the development process.
- Design and implement solid, well-tested, efficient backend code at a rapid development pace.
- Retrofit or shore up tests.
- Refactor or reimplement brittle code.
- Profile and fix bottlenecks.
- Develop developer tools to improve the development process.
What I Prefer to do it with:
- Ruby (yes, and rails)
What I also do:
- Python (but please no more twisted python!! blech!)
What I used to do and might be bribed into doing again:
Past Clients (ones I can mention):
- Seattle.rb (png, hoe, ruby2ruby, heckle, image_science, box_layout)