minitest-coverage version 1.0.0.b2 has been released!
Published 2017-05-09 @ 14:17
Ruby’s contemporary test coverage tools all lie, exaggerating coverage through false-positives and creating a false sense of security; minitest-coverage tries to address this.
Coverage Analysis Tools rely on tracing facilities built into ruby’s VM. You run your tests, and collect data. Seems simple, but that’s a very flawed approach that buffers your coverage numbers up falsely. I’ve witnessed false coverage by as much as 60%, but it could be even worse. Worse, the tracing facilities currently make it impossible to get truly accurate numbers. Even so, they can be improved to be much more accurate.
1.0.0.b2 / 2017-05-09
3 minor enhancements:
- Added location discovery to baseline generation. Helps with mapping test to impl.
- Produce SimpleCov HTML report if simplecov is installed! (jamesdabbs)
- Stripped Dir.pwd from class/module locations on creation.
2 bug fixes:
- Added require_ruby_version to use 2.3+
- Turned rdoc generation back on. Gem hell resolved.
- home: https://github.com/seattlerb/minitest-coverage
- rdoc: http://docs.seattlerb.org/minitest-coverage