ZenTest version 4.4.0 has been released!
Published 2010-09-01 @ 01:27
ZenTest provides 4 different tools: zentest, unit_diff, autotest, and multiruby.
ZenTest scans your target and unit-test code and writes your missing code based on simple naming rules, enabling XP at a much quicker pace. ZenTest only works with Ruby and Test::Unit. Nobody uses this tool anymore but it is the package namesake, so it stays.
unit_diff is a command-line filter to diff expected results from actual results and allow you to quickly see exactly what is wrong.
autotest is a continous testing facility meant to be used during development. As soon as you save a file, autotest will run the corresponding dependent tests.
multiruby runs anything you want on multiple versions of ruby. Great for compatibility checking! Use multiruby_setup to manage your installed versions.
4.4.0 / 2010-09-01
1 major enhancement:
- Removed git building. I’m dropping direct support for rubinius.
3 minor enhancements:
- Added multiruby mri:list:x.y.z command so you can see what’s available.
- Enabled installing specific patch versions of ruby.
- multiruby rubygems:update now forces a build to be less confusing.
1 bug fix:
- Removed redundant test_to_normal, now in zentest_mappings