ZenTest version 4.2.0 has been released!
Published 2009-12-08 @ 21:00
ZenTest provides 4 different tools: zentest, unit_diff, autotest, and multiruby.
ZenTest scans your target and unit-test code and writes your missing code based on simple naming rules, enabling XP at a much quicker pace. ZenTest only works with Ruby and Test::Unit. Nobody uses this tool anymore but it is the package namesake, so it stays.
unit_diff is a command-line filter to diff expected results from actual results and allow you to quickly see exactly what is wrong.
autotest is a continous testing facility meant to be used during development. As soon as you save a file, autotest will run the corresponding dependent tests.
multiruby runs anything you want on multiple versions of ruby. Great for compatibility checking! Use multiruby_setup to manage your installed versions.
4.2.0 / 2009-12-08
3 minor enhancements:
- Added ‘multiruby -1 $version’ for easier execution (idea from flori)
- Set up and tear down PATH in multiruby (luis)
- died hook now gets passed the exception (amikula)
3 bug fixes:
- Deal with windoze getc returning nil (undees)
- Fix unit_diff for multiline miniunit results.
- Fix warning for 1.8.8+