vlad version 1.4.0 has been released!
Published 2009-06-23 @ 18:07
Vlad the Deployer is pragmatic application deployment automation, without mercy. Much like Capistrano, but with 1/10th the complexity. Vlad integrates seamlessly with Rake, and uses familiar and standard tools like ssh and rsync.
Impale your application on the heartless spike of the Deployer.
1.4.0 / 2009-06-23
1 major enhancement:
- Switched to passenger as default app server.
11 minor enhancements:
rsync now takes ANY number of arguments and expects to you add “host:”.
- Added Rake::RemoteTask#get.
- Added doco for why we don’t ship a deploy task
- Added links to example maintenance recipes
- Added multi-env doco to getting_started.txt
- Added svn-over-ssh faq item. gah.
- Flipped tests to minitest
- Merged global #role and Rake::RemoteTask::role.
- Moved all global methods to Rake::RemoteTask and wrote #external to clean up.
- Moved rake extensions to hoe so everyone can enjoy the fun.
- put names the tempfile based on the remote path to ease debugging
2 bug fixes:
- passenger:start_app wasn’t using the latest_release path
- set/fetch wasn’t dealing with a default of false well. (Seth Falcon)