ZenTest version 4.0.0 has been released!
Published 2009-03-02 @ 15:05
ZenTest provides 4 different tools and 1 library: zentest, unit_diff, autotest, multiruby, and Test::Rails.
ZenTest scans your target and unit-test code and writes your missing code based on simple naming rules, enabling XP at a much quicker pace. ZenTest only works with Ruby and Test::Unit.
unit_diff is a command-line filter to diff expected results from actual results and allow you to quickly see exactly what is wrong.
autotest is a continous testing facility meant to be used during development. As soon as you save a file, autotest will run the corresponding dependent tests.
multiruby runs anything you want on multiple versions of ruby. Great for compatibility checking! Use multiruby_setup to manage your installed versions.
Test::Rails helps you build industrial-strength Rails code.
4.0.0 / 2009-03-02
2 minor enhancements:
- Deleted autotest/screen - releasing as a separate gem soon.
- Deleted test-rails and rails_test_audit.
8 minor enhancements:
- Added “tags” command to multiruby_setup.
- Added “the_usual” as a recipe for multiruby_setup. Motivated by Dr. Nic.
- Added :died hook to Autotest (yoshuki).
- Added focus.rb, helping you ignore extra tests while you focus on something.
- Added multigem command line tool!
- Cleaned up multiruby to make it easier to tweak.
- Parameterized testlib so you can override test/unit in autotest. Thanks JB!
- Switched tests and rakefile to minitest. 20% faster!
7 bug fixes:
- Fix Autotest::Screen to distinguish between errors and failures. (khalsah)
- Fixed some hook commands from overriding others.
- Hopefully fixed growl support on 10.5.x?
- Supposedly adding -w to growlnotify will fix autotest/growl.
- Updated missing entries in Autotest::ALL_HOOKS.
- Updated rubygems download location. (carletti)
- Still not automated :(
- ruby 1.9.1 fixes.