vlad version 1.3.0 has been released!
Published 2009-03-04 @ 17:24
Vlad the Deployer is pragmatic application deployment automation, without mercy. Much like Capistrano, but with 1/10th the complexity. Vlad integrates seamlessly with Rake, and uses familiar and standard tools like ssh and rsync.
Impale your application on the heartless spike of the Deployer.
1.3.0 / 2009-03-04
9 major enhancements:
- Added darcs support. (Brian Palmer)
- Added git support. (Garry Dolley)
- Added lighttpd support.
- Added merb support. (Jamie Macey)
- Added passenger support. (Alan Harper)
- Added/merged god, nginx, thin, and maintenance tasks. (github clusterfuck)
- Allow set to specify that a proc value is :per_thread.
- Apply Mercurial SCM support patch. Closes ticket 13475
- remote_task now supports args and supplies task (by Daniel P. Kionka).
19 minor enhancements:
- Add role toplevel method similar to namespace.
- Added #put method that wraps up Tempfile/rsync pattern.
- Added #role toplevel method, similar to #namespace.
- Added FAQ for using vlad through a gateway.
- Added Phil Hagelburg’s one-line multi-stage deployment patch
- Added rake tracing for rsync command.
- Added umask variable.
- Adds specific order to loading. Should fix a number of bugs.
- Extended vladdemo.sh to allow for N simulated hosts (mostly for testing)
- Fixed tempfile dependency in #put if you don’t load lighttpd or perforce (yipstar)
- Mercurial now automatically initializes the repository. (Jamie Macey)
- Moved everything over to put.
- Now requires rake 0.8.1+.
- Parameterized ‘head’ into ‘revision’ variable (with head as default).
- Split shared symlink creation to a separate task. (Steve Purcell)
- Support rake 0.8.
- Switched to ThreadGroup for Action#execute
- Updated rakefile for new hoe abilities
- remote_task :role now allows an empty list of hosts.
11 bug fixes:
- Fixed vladdemo.rb, now uses my checkout for further stress testing.
- Moved core recipe to front. Was breaking mongrel setup.
- Added automatic client setup for perforce.
- Fix mercurial support.
- Fixed ‘too many files’ error.
- Fixed a lame warning in the tests.
- Fixed cleanup to actually properly clean up.
- Fixed rake var doco
- Moved generic app setup to core from mongrel.
- SSH flags are now an Array for proper inclusion in the command. (Guillaume Pierronnet)
- git archive now specifically specifies tar format. (knaveofdiamonds)