vlad version 1.1.0 has been released!
Published 2007-09-12 @ 01:10
Vlad the Deployer is pragmatic application deployment automation, without mercy. Much like Capistrano, but with 1/10th the complexity. Vlad integrates seamlessly with Rake, and uses familiar and standard tools like ssh and rsync.
Impale your application on the heartless spike of the Deployer.
- Full deployment automation stack.
- Turnkey deployment for mongrel+apache+svn.
- Supports single server deployment with just 3 variables defined.
- Built on rake. Easy. Engine is small.
- Very few dependencies. All simple.
- Uses ssh with your ssh settings already in place.
- Uses rsync for efficient transfers.
- Run remote commands on one or more servers.
- Mix and match local and remote tasks.
- Compatible with all of your tab completion shell script rake-tastic goodness.
- Ships with tests that actually pass in 0.028 seconds!
- Does NOT support Windows right now (we think). Coming soon in 1.2.
1.1.0 / 2007-09-12
- 3 major enhancements:
- Vlad.load now takes a hash of recipe overrides, eg: Vlad.load :web => :nginx. See rdoc for defaults.
- Removed vlad_tasks.rb and split into vlad/apache.rb, vlad/mongrel.rb, and vlad/core.rb.
- The flog ratio between capistrano+deps / vlad+deps is pi (or, damn close)!
- 12 minor enhancements:
- Added $TRACE to make it more available and cleaner to read.
- Added :svn_cmd variable.
- Added Rake.clear_tasks *str_or_regexp
- Added debug and mana_from_heaven tasks to Rakefile.
- Added more documentation.
- Added :rsync_cmd and :rsync_flags.
- Added :ssh_cmd and :ssh_flags.
- Added variable expansion to vlad:debug task.
- Removed :scm variable. Now a Vlad.load component/flavor/need-a-word-here.
- Removed :application var. Use it if you want it. We don’t require it.
- Renamed :p4cmd to :p4_cmd.
- Renamed :rake var to :rake_cmd.
- 2 (important) bug fixes:
- HUGE: Fixed sudo hang bug #13072. Fix suggested by Chris Van Pelt.
- HUGE: Vlad.load calls user config last, allowing variable overrides. ACK! Sorry!