ruby2c 1.0.0 beta 3 released
Published 2005-06-08 @ 19:25
I just released ruby2c 1.0.0 beta 3
! Have at it. Here are the release notes:
Ruby2C provides a pipeline of SexpProcessor classes to work with ParseTree output. Processors included:
Rewriter - massages the sexp into a more consistent form.
TypeChecker - type inferencer for the above sexps.
RubyToC - converts a ruby (subset) sexp to C.
Remember folks: THIS IS BETA SOFTWARE!
- 16 minor enhancements:
- Added ivar and iasgn support. Needs more work.
- Added limited support for self.
- Added pipeline tests for bools, call_arglist, call_attrasgn, fbody.
- Added process_not to RubyToC.
- Added support for float and symbol literals.
- Added support for gasgn, cvasgn, const (class consts, not classes).
- Improved error handling/reporting, esp in RubyToC.
- In TypeChecker.boostrap, pre-registered all base classes.
- Modified process_class test to include a class const.
- Processing :class now adds class constants to the local var scope.
- Processing :const checks both genv and env now.
- Rearchitected all tests into a pipeline test class.
- Rewrite attrasgn into regular calls.
- Rewrite fbody into a regular defn.
- Rewrote :array inside call to :arglist.
- Rewrote :or nodes in process_case to correctly be binary.
- 1 bug fix:
- Fixed a bug where single line while bodies were missing a semicolon.