Metaruby is a reimplementation of ruby in ruby.
NOTE: This project is dead.
metaruby is a reimplementation of ruby in ruby. The intent is to make
it easier to understand, maintain, and extend ruby.
Eventually it will have a complete parser, interpreter, core library,
and a ruby-subset-to-c translator (maybe parrot instead… not sure).
We’ll be modifying rubicon as our test suite.
- [DONE] everything.rb generats and runs without warnings.
- [DONE] preprocess.rb and port.rb have the absolute minimum of HACK tags.
- parser does a sucessful first pass at everything.rb
- parser actually generates ASTs
- interpreter can run ASTs
- Library milestones can pass under interpreter
- parser can generate C and/or parrot code.
- Library milestones can pass under generated & compiled interproter.
- ZArray passes all of it’s rubicon tests using ruby interpreter
- ZHash, ZFile, ZIO, ZDictionary pass all their tests
Get The Code
If you just want to use metaruby, you can install it via RubyGems:
gem install metaruby
If you want to hack on metaruby, clone it from GitHub:
git clone git://github.com/seattlerb/metaruby